About Attorney Judith M. Bolles Jenz
Judith began her law career practicing in the field of bankruptcy law. She then moved to a general practice law firm where she gained diverse litigation and transactional experience including in the areas of divorce, personal injury, medical malpractice litigation, estate planning, corporate, franchise and real estate transactions. There she realized her passion for working with families.
Judith’s practice is focused in the areas of divorce, custody, paternity, and guardianship proceedings. She is an aggressive trial attorney and persuasive negotiator with extensive experience in negotiating and litigating divorce related issues including custody, visitation, maintenance, child support, the distribution of assets and liabilities, domestic violence and orders of protection.
Judith provides her clients with focused, compassionate and individualized representation. What you have to say is important. She listens carefully to her clients, in order to provide them with practical and effective solutions. She believes in empowering and educating her clients to enable them to make informed decisions.
Judith has special experience in meeting the needs of children and working with the dynamics of families. Judith is a court certified Guardian ad Litem, in the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, who is appointed by the court to investigate the best interest of children in contested custody cases. Additionally, Judith is trained and certified in mediation. Mediation can offer an effective alternative to expensive litigation and as a mediator. Judith guides parties in the process of creating their own solutions tailored to their needs and the needs of their family.
Judith also represents and advises clients in matters of estate planning, general litigation and residential real estate transactions.
Judith received her bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University, Evanston IL, in 1989, and her doctorate of jurisprudence from Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, cum laude, in 1992.
- Illinois, 1992
- Northern District of Illinois, 1992
- Indiana University, Bloomington, 1992
- J.D., Graduated cum laude
- Northwestern University,1989
Honors and Awards:
- The American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers, 2017
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best, 2015 - 2017
- AVVO, Client's Choice, 2015 - 2016
Past Employment Positions:
- Wheaton Family Law Firm, Wheaton, IL
- Associate Attorney Jan 2010 – Jan 2015
- Solo practitioner, 1997-1999, 2009
- John P. Biestek & Assoc., Ltd., 1994 – 1997
- Associate Attorney, family law and general practice
- Green Law Offices from 1992 – 1994,
- Practiced bankruptcy law and managed Chicago office